Superb comfort and modern design is the perfect combo when it comes to women’s clothing. With today’s modern ultra quality fabrics you can definitely enjoy both. One of those new fabrics I simply adore is the one made of bamboo. The use of bamboo fabrics in the fashion industry is on the rise and it surely delivers comfort and style to anyone who wears clothing made of it. So, here are some of the most important reasons why bamboo clothing is becoming so popular.
- Light and soft – Bamboo clothing and textiles are light, soft and silky which gives you a cosy and luxurious feeling. Bamboo viscose fabrics are often blended with other materials like cotton, hemp and Lycra in order to become more suitable for different types of clothing (e.g. casual wear, active wear, mens and womens bamboo underwear, socks, accessories etc.).
- Hypoallergenic – Bamboo fibres are very gentle and do not irritate the skin and bamboo itself has antimicrobial agents that do not allow the cultivation of bacteria. This makes bamboo fabrics ideal for people with sensitive skin and people prone to allergies. Also, if there’s one item women should choose to bamboonize this year, it has to be womens bamboo underwear since some extra care for the delicate zone is always welcomed.
- Breathable, absorbent and thermo-regulating – Being naturally breathable and absorbent, bamboo fabric wicks moisture away from your skin while allowing it to evaporate quickly. This keeps your skin dry and cool and does not allow the fabric to cling to your skin thus making you feel uncomfortable. Also, due to its thermo-regulating properties, clothing made of bamboo textiles is comfortable for any season as the fabric can keep you cool in summer and warm in winter.
- UV protective – Summer clothing and accessories made of bamboo fabrics are a good deal since they are UV protective. Even though light and gentle, this fabric can provide the protection you need during sunny days. This, along with the aforementioned properties renders clothes made of bamboo the ideal choice for babies since they have the softest skin, which get irritated quite easily.
- Eco-friendly – Bamboo is very eco-friendly and highly sustainable. It does not require much water for its growth (rain water is just enough) and it does not need pesticides to stay healthy. Also, the fabrics made of bamboo are 100% biodegradable and the plan replenishes itself very fast which makes bamboo furthermore environmentally friendly.